Friday, 8 November 2013

Sound

From my current stand point, I am sitting in my room tuning in my perceptual sound frequency in to the XX playing on my iPod speakers, pen tapping on my note pad, hearing the faint sound of dishes clumsily clashing and tapping vibrations through the walls from an exhausted working mother in the kitchen. This is home, these separate elements of sound collaborate a networking of sound that interact in my mind creating a framework with which I associate to be my home environment. Of course, they do differ. Sometimes at frequencies, pitch and intensity. I can usually tell the kind of day my mum has had just by the way she treats the dishes. I don’t always listen to music. And my pen isn’t always tapping. It glides at times. But what sounds still make this environment I’m in, home? Is it the familiarity of these sounds? What is it about the sounds that fill my home environment that I find so tranquil, safe and even meditative; completely settling my mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment