With flash Without flash
This is a corner behind a small cabinet that we have in the kitchen. Being have recently moved house, I haven't found out much about a lot of my new house. However, I chose the tiniest, cosiest place I could find.
The orange/brown colour of the timber of the floor makes the corner look warm and almost inviting. It has collected a little bit of dust from the one month of human traffic past the cabinet. I can imagine a lot of the dust would have come in through on peoples shoes from the party I held a couple of weeks ago. It gives the indication that this house has definitely been lived in.
I thought Id be curious and unsettled by a new space I hadn't yet encountered, but I am actually not. It makes me feel real in a way. It makes me think about how the dust got there, how the cabinet occupies that corner space and what else could have occupied that space before we lived here. This piece of this house is over 50 years old. So much human traffic would have come past it, so many things could have called this space home. Now, its mine. It homes my cabinet. I feel happy that its now a part of my history as I am to this house.


No comments:
Post a Comment