Thursday, 12 September 2013

SOUND PROJECT

For my Sound Project, I have chosen to conceptualise the colour GREEN because it is my favourite colour.

I did a little bit of self reflection on my feelings associated with this colour.

-Nature/natural
-Relaxation
-Fresh
-Raw
-Tranquil
-Healthy
-Real; are all qualities I brain stormed that could be used to describe this colour.

I also had a look online, researching "How the colour green makes you feel".  I was interested to see
'Jealousy' as a feeling. I guess that can easily be associated with being "green with envy". It also outlined that:

-Green symbolises nature
-Is a symbol of fertility
-Has a calming effect
-Relieves stress
-Restful
-Soothing
-Health-giving

After collaborating my ideas with the research I'd conducted, I thought of utilising my skill in creating a sound environment by combining sound elements of that environment. My first thought is to use my feeling associated with Green and pairing them with ideas of fertility (mother nature) and naturalistic landscape that is both calming and soothing; a forrest.

Due to difficulty downloading Audacity, I decided to use my default sound editor on my MacBook, Garage Band. I found this to fit well with what I want to do. The sound effects that I used were all downloaded using an MP3 converter from YouTube. I imported the sounds of A bird chirping, water dripping, soft rain, twigs crunching and bamboo/trees creaking. After doing this I began to 'Split' the sound tracks and move them around into a random order to create more of a natural sounding space, so as not for my sound creation to sound like a repetitive loop. I shortened a lot of sounds to make them more of a singular effects which I copied and moved around to use again.




After I was happy with how it sounded I compressed and exported the experimental, Green environment piece to my iTunes to then upload to SoundCloud.

This is Green.

Please click this hyper link to hear GREEN! 





No comments:

Post a Comment